16-27 March 1971

16 March 1971
It's been raining all week.  The first part of this month just few by.  The last half is what drags.  When this month has passed that will be four down.  I haven't been up to much of nothing lately.  Had to give a talk in church last Sunday.  I thought they were going to have more than one speaker, but I was the only one.  I spoke on the Word of Wisdom.  It was only fifteen minutes long.  Everyone said they enjoyed it.  I guess being the only speaker they had to like part of it.  We had only nine people out.  this place never gets old to you, it's a lot more fun being here than at Wurtsmith.  Meanwhile I'll stay alert and careful.

17 March 1971
I also got a different job to do in the armory.  I've got the job of keeping up with all the parts that we have.  It will be a lot of trouble at first, but after I've got it arranged like I want it, or I should say how they want it, it will be a good job.  I'm really working steady here lately. Got to stay busy, always makes the time pass a lot faster.

19 March 1971
It was nice and sunny today.  I hope the rain stops for awhile.  It's almost April.  When May gets here I will be coasting from then on.  I've decided I'm not getting married for another 4 or 5 years.

22 March 1971
I didn't go to church today, just didn't feel like it.  I've been on a daze all day today.  I got a letter and some pictures of Tom and Lilly.  They are really happy.  I hope I get a girl like ole Tom has.  Then maybe I'll be happy and have some one to baby me all the time.  I'm doing fine.  I weight 194 1/2 lbs.  Finally found a scale to weight myself on.  We've got a lot of new people in, and it makes me feel like an old trooper.

23 March 1971
I got two of my friends working in the armory now.  They leave 2 days before I do.  We're all going to try to leave at the same time.  Their names are Allen Manely, South Carolina, Joe Preioti, California, both are pretty good guys and a lot of fun being with.

Robert Ault and Joe Preioti (from California)



28 March 1971
My new job is working out fine, I'm a gunsmith now.  I've been playing a lot of football, and I'm still in fairly good shape.  I hardly ever get tired or breathless like most guys do.  I guess it is because I'm the quarterback most of the time, and don't have to move around as much.

27 March 1971
I wrote Denver about my income tax.  They held out more than they said on that W-2 form.  I don't have to pay any income tax until I get home, so just wait until I hear from Denver.  It looks like I drop to about half of what I was earning.  I'm losing a good $3,000 a year or more by being in the service.  i sure will be glad when I get out of this junk.  We're getting around 150.  It's a lot of fun talking to some of them.  Be glad when they leave then I'll be home.  See you later.

Comments

Popular Posts